Author Topic: CPS-III driver preview  (Read 112624 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: CPS-III driver preview
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2008, 01:15:51 PM »
Now this is cool to see. Anyone got MAME Team to see this yet?

I think MAME team don't like FBA, so probably they haven't seen this. And sincerely I like that FBA has some exclusives about stuff being emulated correctly, since sometimes i see around the net ppl saying that FBA doesn't emulate the systems well.

MAME got a bigger dev team so they should know how to fix a lot of things, if they haven't fixed some CPS3 stuff is because they think MAME is correctly emulating the system and doesn't need much attention right now...probably they start working on the missing stuff like the correct CDROM emulation and other things in some months, when they find CPS3 interesting again  :rolleyes:.

Oh, btw, guys this thread is about the CPS3 driver by OopsWare for FB Alpha emulator, not MAME CPS3 driver development.

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »
does http://oopsware.googlepages.com/cps3.zip have Oopsware's latest cps3 work? or am i better off stealing from FBAE?

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2008, 04:14:10 PM »
does http://oopsware.googlepages.com/cps3.zip have Oopsware's latest cps3 work? or am i better off stealing from FBAE?

lol, you're not stealing if you use something from FBA Enhanced, but if you use something and say 'you' did it, well that is stealing, ..i suppose you know what's steaing or not  :wink:.

btw, I think that file doesn't have the latest code he posted here, in my upcoming build of FBA Enhanced all that is added + my updates too, so soon everyone will be able to enjoy from all that when I finish working on it (right now im adding NeoGeo CD and some other things to release R16).

SeeYaa!

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
You have no idea how pro thieves like myself steal stuff and get away with it. We announce were gonna do something after we are done :P

Offline KingHanco

• "Special " Member
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
CaptainCPS-X that would be Haze not into FBA.

I think R. Belmont saw the snapshots.

"Also, it remains to be seen if these FBA fixes are actual fixes or just bad hacks."

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
CaptainCPS-X that would be Haze not into FBA.

I think R. Belmont saw the snapshots.

"Also, it remains to be seen if these FBA fixes are actual fixes or just bad hacks."

Are you quoting R.Belmont? or are you quoting yourself?

anyway, OopsWare is not hacking anything xD lol, that's called "emulating" Linear Zoom  :rolleyes:

SeeYaa!

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
btw, is there anything on the driver that should make the game run different at different machines or if it was started at different times?

For example, if I load sfiii3n on fbae and fast forward to the first play demo, sometimes its ibuki vs dudley and sometimes its ibuki vs sean
I mean a little bit of randomness is good for gameplay but online, any bit of randomness will lead to desynchronization.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:54:01 PM by 0746 »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »
@ KingHanco:

To be more specific I'm gonna quote what OopsWare originally wrote:

small fix , make the linear zoom more precise ...
effect to the intro of jojo sfiii3 redearth, and avatar select stage of redearth

OopsWare himself told me via MSN that he want to make CPS3 "better emulated" in FBA than it currently is in MAME, so that should be enough to make clear FBA is not a "HACK" or whatever you want to call it.

btw, do you know how much MAME make use of "Hacks" to make games work?, if you didn't know why are you talking about FBA hacking games, FBA is a emulator / MAME is a emulator...no big deal. If you prefer MAME for X or Y reason, that's your choice and because of that you will have to wait until a MAME devs work on the Linear Zoom fixes (with MAME dev I refer to anybody that is "developing" an Official / Unofficial MAME build, etc...)

And if we gonna talk about hacking, when you have time, check out the comments included in any emulator source code you want, i bet you that most of the emulators (if not all) out there "have to" hack something (BIOS / ROMs / IRQs / Watchdogs / CPUs / Memory Reads & Writes ) to "emulate" X or Y system / hardware.

SeeYaa!

Offline DF723

• Newbies
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2008, 10:47:40 AM »
There's a bug in 3rdS Ken Vs. Makoto neutral throw bug : If Ken defeats Makoto with his neutral throw (i.e. knee bash), the game will reset (or crash for that matters).

On R15, it crashes. On FBA Shuffle, the bug seems non-existent. 

Offline richardri

FBA SOUND BUG
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2008, 03:19:10 AM »
when I play sfiii3n , the sound channel is reversed , is it a bug ?

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2008, 12:23:32 AM »
Had a question to Oopsware about cps3RomWriteLong
I see that its writing to RomGame and RomGame_D
Is there any cps3 games in particular that needs it?

Offline OopsWare

• Expert
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »
most memory region in cps3 is EEPROM , when normal bootup , bios will check this and load data
from CD-ROM into them. but NCD game in fastboot mode , no data will write to EEPROM.

Offline kmuland

street fighter III 3rd impact: very loud volume level
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2008, 12:59:55 PM »
This is a bug report for the fantastic  Final burn Alpha ;-) (I love the CPS3 support)

The volume level in Street Fighter III 3rd impact is very high,,, so there are noticeable sound artifacts (clips/cracks into the speaker) when you finish the combat and other sound effects into the game.

Volume level in SFIII 1st and SFIII 2nd its OK, but in SFIII3rd, the  volume level needs to be lowered down for avoid clipping.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 01:01:13 PM by kmuland »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »
Sometimes I really make myself happy. ^^

I've added some hack-tackular chd support to fba. ^^

Offline Lemonzest

• Newbies
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2008, 03:17:55 PM »
CHD images working in FBA? you got the SCSI interface working, does that mean for chd versions we have to wait while it writes nvram?

sorry for all the questions, good work :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:20:31 PM by Lemonzest »