Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

How can I change the image background ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

dink:
If you find the version the has it, I might be able to add the feature back!

Romhack:

--- Quote from: dink on May 17, 2018, 08:47:05 AM ---If you find the version the has it, I might be able to add the feature back!

--- End quote ---

IIRC, FBEvo (JiMMy_PaGe build) did load skin.bmp in root folder. I think this is easy to implement.
In vid_interface.cpp, line 174:

--- Code: ---hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(hAppInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(BMP_SPLASH), IMAGE_BITMAP, 304, 224, 0);

--- End code ---

Replace with:

--- Code: ---hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(hAppInst, _T("skin.bmp"), IMAGE_BITMAP, 304, 224, 0);
if (hbitmap == NULL) {
    hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(hAppInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(BMP_SPLASH), IMAGE_BITMAP, 304, 224, 0);
}

--- End code ---

Fulg0re:
Well actually i think they know why they removed this feature.
To be honest i also would be glad to change the FBA Logo into a great looking custom pic.
Its not ?cause the FBA Logo look weird it is more the option to bring more personal flavour in it.

Customisationess :D

'We have to wait and see ....

KaaMoS:

--- Quote from: Romhack on May 17, 2018, 11:58:58 AM ---IIRC, FBEvo (JiMMy_PaGe build) did load skin.bmp in root folder. I think this is easy to implement.
In vid_interface.cpp, line 174:

--- Code: ---hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(hAppInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(BMP_SPLASH), IMAGE_BITMAP, 304, 224, 0);

--- End code ---

Replace with:

--- Code: ---hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(hAppInst, _T("skin.bmp"), IMAGE_BITMAP, 304, 224, 0);
if (hbitmap == NULL) {
    hbitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(hAppInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(BMP_SPLASH), IMAGE_BITMAP, 304, 224, 0);
}

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
I think FerchoGTX's "FB Alpha Plus!" builds between 2003-2006 had that feature too, keeping "skin.bmp" on root folder.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which FB Alpha official build had it, but we could contact FerchoGTX, as well as CaptainCPS... perhaps he could remember something about it, since he was used to modify things here an there.

--- Quote from: Fulg0re on May 17, 2018, 12:24:47 PM ---Well actually i think they know why they removed this feature.
--- End quote ---
I suspect this feature was removed in due to color problems with certain blitters/video drivers. Another reason could be related just to keep traditional "FB Alpha" logo unmodified to be easily identified.

KaaMoS:
This is probably out from here, but I'll show it just as a reference.

I found this at the archives... http://fba.emuunlim.org:88/?m=200311
There you can see this post... http://fba.emuunlim.org:88/?p=30

Version around that time was 0.2.94.96

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version