Author Topic: Load game from Romdata  (Read 3509 times)

Offline taoenwen

• Newbies
Re: Load game from Romdata
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2024, 07:15:29 AM »
This loads the game, but the sound is all messed up.
Not sure if I'm missing something.

Please confirm the integrity of ROMs with [type] other than 0.

Offline Ge Os

• I like turtles
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2024, 11:22:45 AM »
Just double checked.
The rom works on MAME, but in FBNeo the intro sounds weird, menus have no SFX, characters are mute, there's no BGM and after a while, even footsteps and hits become mute too.
Amateur combo maker, meme creator, casual gamer & full time human being.

Offline taoenwen

• Newbies
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2024, 10:07:46 PM »
Just double checked.
The rom works on MAME, but in FBNeo the intro sounds weird, menus have no SFX, characters are mute, there's no BGM and after a while, even footsteps and hits become mute too.

I think I know what you're trying to say, some of the added characters in this hack game use the z80 cpu and sound samples from other versions of kof, and the current fbneo doesn't have an emulation of the extra z80 cpu, so the voices of these added characters are incomplete, and this has nothing to do with the romdata functionality, so please be aware of that.

Offline Ge Os

• I like turtles
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2024, 12:51:03 AM »
I think I know what you're trying to say, some of the added characters in this hack game use the z80 cpu and sound samples from other versions of kof, and the current fbneo doesn't have an emulation of the extra z80 cpu, so the voices of these added characters are incomplete, and this has nothing to do with the romdata functionality, so please be aware of that.

Ah! that explains it.
Thanks for the info.
Amateur combo maker, meme creator, casual gamer & full time human being.