Author Topic: new bug sound on neogeo and another  (Read 10352 times)

Offline Stifu

Re: new bug sound on neogeo and another
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
I think this behavior has always been there in the libretro port for neogeo games, it just never crossed my mind that it was different in standalone. And i think the half-sound bug in viewpoint is somehow related too.

For what it's worth, I remember this behavior being different between the old libretro fbalpha2012 and your version, with yours behaving better. That was around the time it got added to RetroPie. I remember the black screen blinking being only in fbalpha2012, but it's been so long I'm not 100% sure.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »
I figured out what's going on:
NeoInput[2] is NeoButton1 in d_neogeo.cpp.
NeoButton1 + 1 would make NeoInput[2] be 2.  It's the P1 Select button.
Somehow Select and coin are being pressed at the same time in your input logic.

On standalone, if I press coin and select at the same time, it does exactly the same thing as this bug report states.

handy tip:
to get the raw input values in NeoInput or DrvInput
  • , the formula is "1<<x"

x being the number after the variable.  so for "NeoButton + 1", calculate 1<<1, which equals 2.  (of course, analogx pcalc comes in handy here)

best regards,
- dink

Both 32bits & 64bits seem to suffer from the same issue.
NeoInput[2]'s value doesn't match when i press coin button : 0 in standalone, 2 in the libretro port

PS : there are a lot of "#if defined EMULATE_WATCHDOG" in this file, i inserted my printf at line 4695

Edit : i confirm forcing NeoInput[2]'s value to 0 fix the whole issue, any idea why there is a 2 in there when i press coin ? Some kind of overflow ?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 02:27:05 AM »
It was the issue indeed, i map select buttons to controller's select button, and i do the same for coin buttons, i never noticed neogeo had both...
What's the use for neogeo select button anyway ? Is it only to select game on multi-slot board ? If so maybe i don't need to map it at all ?

Offline Stifu

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 04:03:43 AM »
What's the use for neogeo select button anyway ? Is it only to select game on multi-slot board ? If so maybe i don't need to map it at all ?

In Arcade / MVS mode, that's its only use AFAIK. I wonder if it gets more use in Home / AES mode. Maybe in game menus or UniBios menus?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 04:32:43 AM »
Maybe in game menus or UniBios menus?
That's what i though, but unibios seems to work fine without it. I asked a friend who owns an aes and he wasn't sure of this button's usage either.
For now i "disabled" the button in the libretro port, i'll re-enable it and map it somewhere else if it's somehow needed.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 07:15:37 AM »
I don't really think it's needed unless you are trying to emulate a multi-slot game :)

Offline sniper856

• Newbies
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 10:44:52 PM »
Thank you for correcting this problem  ;p

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 01:01:10 AM »
thanks for the bug reports :)