Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.97.43 Bug Reports  (Read 479427 times)

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.97.38 Bugs Reports
« Reply #615 on: April 20, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
While I was testing some ROMs I noticed the following bugs:
1) In the Data East Mutant Fighter intro (all versions) the image of colosseum appears partially corrupted (tearing in the upper side), probably an issue with the scrolling of background clouds;
2) the graphic tiles of SEGA Heavyweight Champ "decrypted" (hwchampjd) are totally corrupted.

Attached two "explanatory" pics...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:17:06 PM by Gab75 »

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2016, 08:08:38 AM »
These "issues" are not related to the games emulation, but to the translation template...
while I was working on the UI translation I noticed that the voice "state: nothing to undo" hasn't a counterpart in the translation template. Moreover the voices "Angle" and "Fishbowl Factor" (3D projection properties) remain in english language indipendently from the UI language template.

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #617 on: April 22, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
While I was testing some ROMs I noticed the following bugs:
2) the graphic tiles of SEGA Heavyweight Champ "decrypted" (hwchampjd) are totally corrupted.

Attached two "explanatory" pics...
2) It has been fixed. A simple copy/paste error when syncing FBA with MAME.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #618 on: May 25, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »
Maybe I found a little bug in Kaneko's Gals Panic 4 (galpani4) and Gals Panic S (galpanis).
1) Gals Panic 4: in the "continue screen" the countdown numbers seem to have an imperfect adherence of the sprites during the scaling-in effect (see the attached png)
2) Gals Panic S: similar issue with the scaling-out effect of the "boss" explosion (see the attached png)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #619 on: May 25, 2016, 05:46:47 PM »
The zooming code in the suprnova driver has issues, every few zooms it puts in a transparent line (or lines) due to some scaling maths being off.  I tried once or twice to fix it with no luck, maybe iq_132 has an idea? :)

notes for debug / 100% recreate: load vs. block breaker, after bootup and the insert coins screen it will have a funny screen with a monkey and hamster on each side of the screen, one squishing the other (causing them to scale), hitting pause during this and f1 several times will sooner or later cause the lines I'm talking about.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #620 on: May 26, 2016, 03:30:13 AM »
notes for debug / 100% recreate: load vs. block breaker, after bootup and the insert coins screen it will have a funny screen with a monkey and hamster on each side of the screen, one squishing the other (causing them to scale), hitting pause during this and f1 several times will sooner or later cause the lines I'm talking about.

The attached snapshots are esplicative of the "issue" that you are talking about!

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #621 on: May 26, 2016, 04:17:51 AM »
The zooming code in the suprnova driver has issues, every few zooms it puts in a transparent line (or lines) due to some scaling maths being off.  I tried once or twice to fix it with no luck, maybe iq_132 has an idea? :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but, through a visual inspection, the issue seems to be related with an imperfect sprites/objects scaling synchronization... in other words, sometimes, during the scaling, the sprites don't stick among them. An example can be give by the four sprites/objects that they assemble each countdown number; to be more explicit I attached two snapshots, I edited the second one to match the sprites (the green lines highlight the changes of position).

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #622 on: May 26, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but, through a visual inspection, the issue seems to be related with an imperfect sprites/objects scaling synchronization... in other words, sometimes, during the scaling, the sprites don't stick among them. An example can be give by the four sprites/objects that they assemble each countdown number; to be more explicit I attached two snapshots, I edited the second one to match the sprites (the green lines highlight the changes of position).
That's exactly what is happening. The math for sprite zooming is usually a little fuzzy and can be off like this when the rounding isn't quite correct. I may look at this later... or I could always just start banging my head on my keyboard now.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #623 on: May 26, 2016, 09:32:21 AM »
... or I could always just start banging my head on my keyboard now.

Probably, in this case, the edges of your head and keyboard will match perfectly, but the issue with the Supernova scaling code would remain unchanged !!! :P

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #624 on: July 24, 2016, 01:18:04 AM »
I take this opportunity to "highlight" two Sega Super Hang-on (all ROMs) bugs:
1) the exhaust flames (overboost mode) and tires screeching effects are "audible", but not visible;
2) the title screen freezes after few seconds, stop of music/sound (if present)  and video animation. In any case the game is not really freezed, indeed if you use P1 coin or P2 coin inputs it's possible to begin a game session.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #625 on: July 25, 2016, 08:31:23 PM »
I came up with a fix for the graphics issues, but the hang @ the titlescreen is still present.  Maybe Barry has an idea for this one?  (I tried tweaking the timing & irq's... no luck...)

best regards,
- dink

I take this opportunity to "highlight" two Sega Super Hang-on (all ROMs) bugs:
1) the exhaust flames (overboost mode) and tires screeching effects are "audible", but not visible;
2) the title screen freezes after few seconds, stop of music/sound (if present)  and video animation. In any case the game is not really freezed, indeed if you use P1 coin or P2 coin inputs it's possible to begin a game session.

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #626 on: July 26, 2016, 01:06:30 AM »
I came up with a fix for the graphics issues, but the hang @ the titlescreen is still present.  Maybe Barry has an idea for this one?  (I tried tweaking the timing & irq's... no luck...)

Thanks! :) I'm glad to know that the "first point" is solved ! The exhaust flames and screeching tire are "small" visual effects, but (IMHO) these are the "little things" that make the difference! ;)

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #627 on: July 26, 2016, 02:58:58 AM »
Dragon Egg (pce_dragnegg) - game freeze on start

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
« Reply #628 on: July 28, 2016, 02:09:10 AM »
While I was testing SEGA Out Run I noticed that the bgm playback is too slow (all ROMs)... (about half of normal speed).
Moreover Out Run Japan Deluxe sitdown (outrundxj) doesn't run (black screen on start-up) and the musics in the "car audio" select menu are audible only in the Out Run Enhanced Edition (outruneh)... I don't know if this last point is "normal".

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #629 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:09 AM »
That was a side effect of debug code left in from debugging super hangon, sorry about that - nothing to see here :)

p.s. those aren't black helicopters flying over you right now, either.  ;)

best regards,
- dink