Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

Ryvius86: Development Updates

(1/6) > >>

Ryvius86:
I think it's only a matter of time before the first official FBAlphaFB build is released, so I've been working on some quality of life revisions to spruce up the Load Game menu.

- Switched Titles and Previews, so that Titles now appear on the left and Previews on the right.
- Added Bare Knuckle III (Twilight Translations) to the gamelist. Just mentioning this again for anyone who hasn't played it yet; it's much better than the Western version.
- Formatted various text throughout. Mostly just quality of life changes (punctuation, reordering, etc), except for the ROM information changes. These were too long and weren't displaying correctly. For example "Released by:" was displaying as "Released", and is now "Released:".
- Moved Favorites (I was tempted to change this to "Favourites" so many times) to the top of the Filter tree.
- Added Sonic the Hedgehog to the Family Filter.
- The Filter now functions a little better and even includes sub-categories for Capcom and Sega in the Hardware section, as the list was getting pretty long. This still needs some work though.

Some of these are from previous updates I've already implemented in the last week or so, but thought they were worth mentioning here for prosperity's sake. As mentioned, I'm not quite finished with the Filter changes, but it should be up on Git in the next day or so.

All future updates will also be posted here.

dink:
Very nice!  I especially like the Capcom sub-categories :)

best regards,
- dink

Stifu:

--- Quote from: Ryvius86 on May 08, 2019, 09:54:33 PM ---Added Bare Knuckle III (Twilight Translations) to the gamelist. Just mentioning this again for anyone who hasn't played it yet; it's much better than the Western version.
--- End quote ---

You might already know this, but FBA already supports the "definitive" (kinda) version of BK3: The Bare Knuckle 3 Project
It has more characters, and all kinds of fixes and improvements. Also,it feels good to finally be able to use Shiva's fire kick (defensive special).

Bad Dude:
Nice, nice!

Ryvius86:

--- Quote from: Stifu on May 09, 2019, 05:19:58 AM ---You might already know this, but FBA already supports the "definitive" (kinda) version of BK3: The Bare Knuckle 3 Project
It has more characters, and all kinds of fixes and improvements. Also,it feels good to finally be able to use Shiva's fire kick (defensive special).

--- End quote ---

The Bare Knuckle 3 Project is great, for all the same reasons as the SOR Remake - it's packed with updates. I can't recommend it enough. If you're looking to play something closer to the original though, without having to actually play Streets of Rage 3, Twilight's translation of Bare Knuckle III is the way to go.

Edit: Earlier tonight I added in a couple of extra versions of the SOR3 and BK3 Projects. I'm not really sure what all the differences are between them though, and I may need swap them again for other versions (I have 5 and 9 character versions, SOR 0.2, BK3 0.3, SOR 0.3 and others). Regardless, I'll have look into this more tomorrow. I can't even find any readmes, so if you have any info regarding the different Project updates/versions let me know dude!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version