Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

Ryvius86: Development Updates

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ryvius86:
The Hardware sub-categories are proving to be a bit more challenging than expected. The mask worked (select/deselect all subs), but in appearance only.. the games wouldn't actually display. Now they display, but the mask doesn't work anymore. So I think I'm on the right track, and shouldn't take too long to figure out.

Looking at the screenshot in the first post I noticed the scrollbar in the Filter section had been moved slightly, so I shifted it back over. Here's the a new screenshot:

I knew something was off, but only just clocked on. With the longer Family names and the new sub-categories, it seems it got pushed to the side a lil.

I also went ahead and updated the Bare Knuckle 3 Project to the latest version (the CRC is different, so PM me if you have any ROM-specific questions). As for the other versions, I decided to keep version 0.3 of the Streets of Rage 3 Project and the Bare Knuckle III Project, as these seem completely different to the latest Steam version. More info on them can be found here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1346/. As previously mentioned, theirs not a lot of information I could find regarding the different versions, so if you notice anything please let me know. I also have a 0.2 version which can be found on Steam, but to me it seemed the same as the 0.3 versions found on Romhacking.net.

Now back to this damn Filter..

Ryvius86:
I managed to finish updating the Filter tree last night. Huge shoutout to dink for cleaning up my terrible code. I've attached a compiled version below for anyone who wants to try it out.

I've been thinking about replacing some of the Family (19XX, Aero Fighters and Power Instinct) with more popular or extensive (5 or more games) series. Or maybe adding a few extras if need be. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I know that Sonic & Knuckles has a conflict issue with a prototype version and the Filter button (select/delect all filters) itself still doesn't work, but I think these may be beyond of my abilities right now. Nonetheless, they're still on my radar of things to fix.

kev:

--- Quote from: Ryvius86 on May 11, 2019, 02:27:36 PM ---I managed to finish updating the Filter tree last night. Huge shoutout to dink for cleaning up my terrible code. I've attached a compiled version below for anyone who wants to try it out.

I've been thinking about replacing some of the Family (19XX, Aero Fighters and Power Instinct) with more popular or extensive (5 or more games) series. Or maybe adding a few extras if need be. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I know that Sonic & Knuckles has a conflict issue with a prototype version and the Filter button (select/delect all filters) itself still doesn't work, but I think these may be beyond of my abilities right now. Nonetheless, they're still on my radar of things to fix.

--- End quote ---

Nice work. As someone who has never looked into any video related code in my life, I can only assume it would be a massive pain, but it would look cool on that dialog box.

Ryvius86:
Yeah, or animated .gifs. According to the code you can add multiple preview images and it'll scroll through them (I think). That's probably the closest we'll get to video I reckon.

kev:
Yeah, the current code will go through different previews if they are available.  I might take a closer look as we are already using the video for window stuff for the avi recording, so it might not be too difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version