Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

a new name!

<< < (2/14) > >>

DarkShadowMD:
This also means the main site for the emulator will change as well? Because it still shows as FB Alpha (and points to the old repository)... In any case, congrats for the new name! New name, new future for the emu!

Kev:

--- Quote from: DarkShadowMD on May 19, 2019, 02:52:48 AM ---This also means the main site for the emulator will change as well? Because it still shows as FB Alpha (and points to the old repository)... In any case, congrats for the new name! New name, new future for the emu!

--- End quote ---

The old site is owned by Barry, and we now have no control or influence over that site.  We have new domains for the new name but they just point here.

Also, the renaming of things will surely take some time, but it will happen. A more paranoid person would be worried that if Koch Media are using a new emulator written by Barry that has the name "FB Alpha", that is not what we all know as FB Alpha then there is a good chance at some point someone at that end is going to try and claim ownership on that name. A new name allows the project to move on away from the all f***wittery, which is what we all want :)

Stifu:

--- Quote from: Gab75 on May 19, 2019, 01:07:14 AM ---Nice choice... it sounds good, in both extended version (FinalBurn Neo) and acronym version (FBN) ! :)

--- End quote ---

A bit confusingly, "FBA" was renamed to "FBNeo" in the sources. FBA was written in 3 ways (FinalBurn Alpha, FB Alpha and FBA).
Does that mean FinalBurn Neo in only meant to be written in 2 ways but not 3 (FinalBurn Neo, FB Neo but not FBN), or am I reading too much into it?

Kev:

--- Quote from: Stifu on May 19, 2019, 06:58:02 AM ---A bit confusingly, "FBA" was renamed to "FBNeo" in the sources. FBA was written in 3 ways (FinalBurn Alpha, FB Alpha and FBA).
Does that mean FinalBurn Neo in only meant to be written in 2 ways but not 3 (FinalBurn Neo, FB Neo but not FBN), or am I reading too much into it?

--- End quote ---

The first renaming pass was powered by several pints of Peroni so I wouldn't take any of it as gospel...

I believe all 3 are valid :)

Tatsuya79:
Final Borneo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version