General > News

Samurai spirit 5 Perfect (aka the old Final Edition @ location test but patched)

<< < (11/11)

KaaMoS:

--- Quote from: Stifu on June 22, 2020, 03:33:06 PM ---Sorry, I haven't played Perfect yet, but assumed it'd have story-specific voice clips, like V did. If not, I can't really see why the new content would require the removal of old content, indeed.

--- End quote ---
Well, this "story mode" is just Kuroko trying to invite your char to a Tournament or Carnival, hosted by Yoshitora Tokugawa.
So, for ALL chars there are, 3 curtains which is the so called Story. First 2 are exactly the same for all.

On the first one, you see your character quiting place aftermatch. Kuroko is following and tells what a good warrior he have just seen.
On the second one, once your char leaves the place, Kuroko tries to reach fighter, but finaly asks deliver to give the invitation personally, then tells that you need to kill bosses with Issen (fatal flash) or Fatality (don't remember how this is called).
The third one is just an image of your char's face (similar artwork used to show dead Bosses), a text appears over it and fighter reads the invitation and just decides what to do (still, all text). Depending of the case, there are more lines explaining details.

[END]
That's all your (generic) story mode, Sir. :P
As you can see, this was more hype than anything else.

Stifu:

--- Quote from: KaaMoS on June 23, 2020, 09:10:47 AM ---That's all your (generic) story mode, Sir. :P
As you can see, this was more hype than anything else.

--- End quote ---

That's disappointing. As I thought, it looks like all they wanted was to rebalance the game and fix a few bugs for competitive play, and threw in the "story" for good measure. I bet they really wished they could have published game updates without releasing a whole new game.

KaaMoS:

--- Quote from: Stifu on June 23, 2020, 03:34:28 PM ---That's disappointing. As I thought, it looks like all they wanted was to rebalance the game and fix a few bugs for competitive play, and threw in the "story" for good measure. I bet they really wished they could have published game updates without releasing a whole new game.

--- End quote ---
As I told you before. Now we have a game splitted in two parts.
One with gore and other with storylines at the end.Each part misses what the other has.
The real Perfect (or better for me, "Final Edition") isthe actual fusion of both of them... and I imagine it could be achieved as a hack, taking in mind examples like KOF'98 Special Edition and other hacks with bitswapped Cx roms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version