Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760395 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
News for today:
Doing tons of play"testing" of the SG-1000 & ColecoVision games.  Ok, maybe I'm just having some fun...  :biggrin:
( if you've missed the SG-1000 and ColecoVision news w/lots of piccys, click this: http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg17329#msg17329 )

Also added hardware filters for SG-1000 and Coleco.  On a side-note: UI changes make me nervous, always too many things can go wrong, but so far things seem ok. *fingers crossed*
Made a script to re-build the gamedriverlist & compile the new driver, so if I add a new driver I don't have to wait for the make process to complete since it takes about 10-15 minutes even if theres just 1 change.  With these scripts I can compile new drivers/rebuild the game list & link the executable in a matter of seconds on my pc from the dark ages.

best regards,
- dink

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:07:21 PM by dink »

Offline dink

• Administrator
Coleco & SG1000 drivers are 100% complete now, now I'm working on title & preview pics for the new systems - actually all of Coleco games are done, and I just have about 80% left on the SG1000 pics.

Offline Huggybaby

Neat, I'd rather use FBA than MESS.

Offline dink

• Administrator
Neat, I'd rather use FBA than MESS.

Right on, thats why I'm doing this :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Agreed on that too!

Offline dink

• Administrator
Hi guys, got a new issue - when playing netgames with Kaillera and lets say that the remote side has Assembly 68k core, and my side has Musashi -  the games get desynched really fast.  That's not good!  Me and a buddy got really frustrated because of this earlier, and after trying several different servers, games and pulling hair out / thinking I accidentally introduced a bug into FBA over the past week or so, I finally realized that it would be a good idea to check that the 68k cores are the same on both ends.

I was thinking of the following solution:
If the user has the Assembly 68k enabled and they do Game -> Play via Kaillera, it will pop up a little message telling the user to disable the Assembly 68k core under Misc -> Options.  Simple enough, what do you think?  It should save a lot of headaches in the future :)

best regards & happy gaming,
- dink

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Hi guys, got a new issue - when playing netgames with Kaillera and lets say that the remote side has Assembly 68k core, and my side has Musashi -  the games get desynched really fast.  That's not good!  Me and a buddy got really frustrated because of this earlier, and after trying several different servers, games and pulling hair out / thinking I accidentally introduced a bug into FBA over the past week or so, I finally realized that it would be a good idea to check that the 68k cores are the same on both ends.

I was thinking of the following solution:
If the user has the Assembly 68k enabled and they do Game -> Play via Kaillera, it will pop up a little message telling the user to disable the Assembly 68k core under Misc -> Options.  Simple enough, what do you think?  It should save a lot of headaches in the future :)

best regards & happy gaming,
- dink

Or we could go with kev's favourite solution of ripping out A68K? :)
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
I wouldn't complain. It adds unnecessary complexity.

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Night Slashers was close to working in FBA a few years back was wondering what was the issues that prevented it from being
Fully Playable

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Night Slashers was close to working in FBA a few years back was wondering what was the issues that prevented it from being
Fully Playable
Got bored with it lol. That happens a lot.

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
Got bored with it lol. That happens a lot.
Fair Enough :)

Offline cmart

• Newbies
Any shot at seeing Ninja Baseball Batman

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Any shot at seeing Ninja Baseball Batman

Fixed.

Offline csmart

You rule iq_

Offline dink

• Administrator
M92 savestates were working - I remember playing Hook a few weeks ago and using them to save my game, now they aren't.  This is weird  :eek:  Everything looks OK...
EDIT: Turns out my poor old computer can't take the heat.  :redface:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:30:10 AM by dink »