Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760553 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1380 on: December 03, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »
That is the great info.
So, in the mame there is some graphical glitches and some problems. Especially with Bucky. Can we say FBA is emulated these games %100 perfectly with this latest sound fix ?

Thanks...

I really only worked on the video issues in Moo Mesa, could you give me some examples of graphics glitches in Bucky, so I can check them out? (screenshots are preferrable)  I was really only aware of the occasional lines in the expanded/zoom sprites. 

thanks,
- dink

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1381 on: December 03, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
I really only worked on the video issues in Moo Mesa, could you give me some examples of graphics glitches in Bucky, so I can check them out? (screenshots are preferrable)  I was really only aware of the occasional lines in the expanded/zoom sprites. 

thanks,
- dink

Hello
There is a problem in the main intro. The logo is showing up but when it will disable there is a small problem in MAME. But there is not in FBA.I couldn't catch it well but when you test it you can see.

https://i.hizliresim.com/8NRX4a.png
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:18:42 PM by hursit »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1382 on: December 03, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »
Hi hursit,
Here's a quick test-video to show how it looks in the current development version of FBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTts_20nuvg
At first when I enabled the alpha blending for bucky, we had the same problem as MAME (seen in your picture below), but after a little debugging I found that the alpha layer needs to be displayed after the sprites under a certain priority condition, and this made the blending/fades look really smooth without any empty space behind the title logo :)

best regards,
- dink

Hello
There is a problem in the main intro. The logo is showing up but when it will disable there is a small problem in MAME. But there is not in FBA.I couldn't catch it well but when you test it you can see.

https://i.hizliresim.com/8NRX4a.png

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1383 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:26 AM »
Nice work :)

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1384 on: December 05, 2017, 05:21:54 AM »
Hi hursit,
Here's a quick test-video to show how it looks in the current development version of FBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTts_20nuvg
At first when I enabled the alpha blending for bucky, we had the same problem as MAME (seen in your picture below), but after a little debugging I found that the alpha layer needs to be displayed after the sprites under a certain priority condition, and this made the blending/fades look really smooth without any empty space behind the title logo :)

best regards,
- dink

Wow it is great now. Thanks..

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1385 on: December 05, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »
@dink: you are the "alpha blending emulation" magician! ;)

... a little O.T. : I remember my "SEGA Saturn" days (about 21-22 years ago), the hardware management of translucencies (alpha blending effects) was very limited... IIRC the Saturn can only manage the alpha channel between the layers... in few words, all sprites/polygons are generated in the same layer, so they can be translucent with other layers (e.g. with the background layer/s), but they can't be translucent among them (in a 3D object this is a big limitation)...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1386 on: December 07, 2017, 07:38:01 AM »
Here's a full game of Moo Mesa w/new video & sound fixes.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGxklWxgztk [2nd try/60fps video]

There are 3 remaining emulation glitches left in this game, 100 points for finding them.  150 points if you can find one that I didn't notice yet :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1387 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »
hursit, I'm afraid all of those you listed are just a side effect of playing video at 30fps.  The video is recorded at 60fps, and to get a flashing effect, the game turns off the sprite every other frame.  When youtube plays a 60fps video at 30fps, it basically plays every other frame, so sometimes you will get only the frames with the off sprites when they're flashing.  To see any of the issues I've noticed you'll have to play it at 720p / 60fps. :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1388 on: December 07, 2017, 04:21:27 PM »
hursit, I'm afraid all of those you listed are just a side effect of playing video at 30fps.  The video is recorded at 60fps, and to get a flashing effect, the game turns off the sprite every other frame.  When youtube plays a 60fps video at 30fps, it basically plays every other frame, so sometimes you will get only the frames with the off sprites when they're flashing.  To see any of the issues I've noticed you'll have to play it at 720p / 60fps. :)

best regards,
- dink

opps. Im so so sorry  :redface:  :eek:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1389 on: December 15, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »
Added Weka Invaders to FBAlpha, big thanks to Disjointed Studio for releasing this quality game for free on the Sega MasterSystem!  http://disjointedstudio.blogspot.it/2017/12/weka-invaders-is-here.html

best regards,
- dink

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #1390 on: December 19, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »
Air Duel (World m82 a-a+ m82 b-a), airduel - Empty Pixel Line on mother tank:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1391 on: December 19, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »
Thanks WILOWAR, the problem is fixed and will be available in the next version of FBAlpha.

best regards,
- dink

Offline WILOWAR

« Reply #1392 on: December 23, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »
Arbalester (arbalest)- game crash after star and I have got this error message on black screen:

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1393 on: December 23, 2017, 02:44:25 PM »
Arbalester (arbalest)- game crash after star and I have got this error message on black screen:

Arbalester should work properly... first make sure to use a correct ROMset, then try to delete the related config files in "*/config/games" folder (arbalest.fs and arbalest.ini)...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1394 on: December 23, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »
Arbalester fix will be available in the next release of FBAlpha :)

best regards,
- dink