Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 85150 times)

Offline synnchan

• aka: synnae
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2016, 08:38:53 PM »
Me too! I love to see those big, golden, juicy score items dropping from enemies when you destroy them with charged shots. It's pretty much eye candy. XD

Offline Candra Software

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2016, 09:40:52 PM »
Trying to beat King of Fighters 2003. For some reason it's harder to get Half Circle Motions to come out, and Mukai always gets me.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »
I recently came across some really great games that I'd like to mention - they're super obscure/hidden gem-type dealies.

Magic Crystals A run 'n gun-style game, sorta like Marchen Maze mixed with Heavy Barrel mixed with Flicky.  Don't let the cuteness fool you, the powerups are awesome, enemies are really creative and fun to kill, and the bosses are super diverse.  The first boss is a real mind blower. :)

Rail Chase A lightgun style shooter, not sure what I can compare it to - I'll just say: for fans of Cabal/Blood Bros/Nam1975/Steel Gunner.  Shooting fun in a railway cart.

Levers Possibly the best controls on a platform game ever, from 1983.    This might have been the inspiration for Tehkan's BombJack.  Watch out for the marbles & other baddies.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2017, 12:35:33 AM »
This time, it's a challenge!

What's playing: Phelios (romset: phelios), advanced mode (chosen after insert coin), default eeprom settings.
Rules: Play in FBAlpha, feel free to use autofire and savestates.  No cheats/memory editing allowed, though.

Beat the fire boss: 50 points
Beat the end boss: 150 points

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:49:10 AM by dink »

Offline cocobanana69

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »
-Street Fighter Series,
-Metal Slug Series (I miss support for Metal Slug 6),
-Final Fight,
-The Punisher,
-Golden Axe Series,
-The King OF Dragons,
-Cadillacs & Dinosaurs,
-Double Dragon Series,
-TMNT Series,
-Tetris,
-BattleToads (& Double Dragon),
-Blazing Star,
-NBA Hang-Time,
-Pang Series,
-Pulstar,
-Rage Of Dragons,
-Street Hoop,
-Streets Of Rage Series,
-Three Wonders.

These are some of my favourites definitely.

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2017, 03:27:47 PM »
Playing the best game ever made in human existence and the best game on FBA, which is Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master. A master piece.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2017, 06:34:17 PM »
I'm with you there, Shinobi III is legendary :)  Have you ever played Ninja Ryukenden for PCEngine?  It's one of those overlooked gems type game.   It's kinda difficult at first, but once you master wall jumping and timing of moves for you and each enemy its really great.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »
Night Slashers.... The music is outstanting. Probably the same team that did Crude Dudes soundtracks and the horror theme is just great.

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2018, 11:53:31 AM »
Curently all the Cave Shmups ... especially IBARA Kuro Black Label

This Game rocks so hard ... everthing is perfect.
And Killer Instinct 1

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »
Night Slashers.... The music is outstanting. Probably the same team that did Crude Dudes soundtracks and the horror theme is just great.

Night Slashers is pure class.  You're right, Night Slashers and Crude Dudes/Crude Buster shares a common composer: Tatsuya Kiuchi. 

I didn't have much time to play games lately because there was a lot of work to do for the release, but, I did manage to get in a 2-all of Ghosts'n Goblins.  This time I got the shield weapon on the first loop, I'm not sure what triggers this, but it is quite rare I think.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2018, 01:35:40 PM »
TH STRIKES  BACK!!! Thank's to the man that emulated that! What a rock and roll music in this classic game! da da nan ta nan... tan nanan tantannna... tananan..

unfortunately some hot chicks to kill...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:42:24 PM by Bad Dude »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »
Syvalion.  This game is loaded with awesome music, sound effects and gameplay.
Once you learn how to control your dragon, the game is really great.  Try making a circle on the d-pad while holding fire to go in a quick circle to kill off all the bad guys and bullets :)  It will take a few tries to get it - Move slowly at first!

Cheeky Mouse.  Those darn mice are trying to take your cheese.  Forget setting up mouse traps, just grab the biggest hammer you can find and smash them to death!  Nice wholesome fun for the entire family.
Note: Cheeky Mouse needs a sample pack to sound right.  Grab the samples pack attached to this message and put it in "fbalpha folder\support\samples"

Have fun!

Offline Stifu

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
Note: Cheeky Mouse needs a sample pack to sound right.  Grab the samples pack attached to this message and put it in "fbalpha folder\support\samples"
Thanks for that. Somehow, your archive has a "one.wav" file that is apparently not expected by FBA. So FBA expects "two.wav" but not "one.wav". Weird. Anyway, I downloaded a cheekyms sample pack for MAME not long ago, and it didn't have that "one.wav" file either.

By the way, are those sounds impossible to emulate due to being hardware based or something?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2018, 06:36:14 PM »
I synth'd the samples myself and ended up not using one.wav, but left it in the sample pack incase I plan on using it for something else :)  At the time I did cheekyms, mame didn't emulate the samples, so I did everything from scratch.  The current mame though, emulates the analog hardware section of cheekyms, but it is so resource-demanding that I can only get about 5fps with this new emulation...  Due to this resource-intensity - I feel that at this time emulating analog sections isn't really the way to go.

best regards & happy gaming,
- dink

Thanks for that. Somehow, your archive has a "one.wav" file that is apparently not expected by FBA. So FBA expects "two.wav" but not "one.wav". Weird. Anyway, I downloaded a cheekyms sample pack for MAME not long ago, and it didn't have that "one.wav" file either.

By the way, are those sounds impossible to emulate due to being hardware based or something?

Offline palm2face

• Imagine... Real Training, Real SF.
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2018, 11:04:33 AM »
Updated....
+ off-topic things moved to http://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3253.0

GAME 1. Street Fighter II (+ many bootleg versions/variants).

All of them played briefly to find what the hack or glitchyness is. Nice surprises.

Note 1: I like best the "Championship Edition..." (also known as Black Belt Edition sometimes I think), why I like this series / bootlegs?.... they keep the original basic punch kick versions of SF series and have a few twists. My best so far is:

- SF YYC bootleg [sf2yyc.zip]
for the wide low dragon punches hitting as dragon punch comes down it seems sometimes

- SF Rainbow Edition [sf2rb.zip]
for slow fireballs, fast hurricane kicks, fireballs with every special move, chaos!

Note 2: SF Fun Screenshot - see attached screenshot for fun circumstance captured - I get player 2 with a fireball after I've died (it was done by sending fireballs from both directions - greatgreat fun (throw a fireball, zoom to other side of the screen using Hurricane kick and throw more fireballs from facing the other direction - I didn't plan to die but was fun for me seeing the other player get hit after I died in the same place I fell!)

Note 3: I had ROMS for FB v0.113 and earlier!!! Had to replace a few (were wrong or for early Final Burn emulator / updated etc). Mainstream versions of Street Fighter II are fun too but I'm more checking the old roms now...

GAME 2. Super Puzzle Fighters II Turbo [SPF2T.ZIP]

Simple game to play, maybe hard to master or there is more to it... I never was taught or bothered researching but maybe there's some hidden tips and tricks more than just chaining combos of colours all at once?

Note 1 In future I could read a tutorial (or take a suggestion from community member) to see if there are things the arcade doesn't mention / hint already (the only obvious thing is the player select shows the characters strength or preferred way of combo chains - vertical, horizontal combinations for each character)

Note 2: AMAZING --> No "Street Fighter" in the name ... crazy no? Super Puzzle Fighters II Turbo....
I thought I was going crazy using the search... as I knew I had it and 'wasn't coming up in the search' which I'm learning not to take at face value doing these things 0 eventually just typed puzzle to find it in the list! Any thoughts why not mention of SF exactly even if they bought rights or something (it's clearly SF is it not?)

Note 3: SPF2TA.ZIP (ASIA) allows 1 credit for two players together! What a novel idea :)
I couldn't think of a word better than novel... suggestions welcome :)

GAME 3. Pacman - [PACMANIA.zip / PACPLUS.ZIP [B&W VERSION] / PACMANBL.zip
MY BEST = PACPLUS.ZIP [B&W VERSION]
I had these and tested them - I must have kept them as I liked them and are pretty solid as a super-minimal simple game and even nerve racking at times... which I really like! Chomp Chomp.

Note 1: The PacMania seems 'unresponsive' or I mean I have to hold the direction on the keyboard to make sure Pacman goes there... more specifically I mean that playing the older PACPLUS.ZIP you press direction (like up) well before any turn and it seems to save the input and turn at the next available point. Pacman goes up long after you press the direction. PacMania more needs pressing exactly at the corner or holding NOT saving input before... It's a shame as I like the 3D / Mania version of Pacman but and may I'm simply used to planning well with keyboard input much before turns!... Yeah I tested it again and holding down a direction is recommended otherwise one can often and easily miss a turn (which is quite important for this game!)

Yours truly Ken,
I mean Ryu, or sometimes Guile...
even EX Plus Chun-Li
or standard Zangief on my best days

----------------------------------------
EXTRA STUFF MAYBE UNEEDED / THINKING ABOUT FOR NEXT EDIT OF POST (AND MY THOUGHTS)

Thanks (if only gaming paid eh? ...well that's the problem with money, it assumes people want to be paid or measured in such ways... as consumers... at least people could give us the credit and food for playing and making all these things  :) Keeping the vibe alive is worth our efforts!)

Ok off to training ...(again - the 2nd day I'm working out while editing all the ideas and taking a break by training!)

Personal Pictures: If there is a place on the forum for putting more personal photos (not too personal) let me know - not cosplay https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay tho!...?... but seeing some cosplay sites years before did swing me on how cool it is to be your character or player, but maybe I'm the real training type, in the training hall and working out - that might be my cosplay!)
Could put it as my avatar?... done
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:39:18 AM by palm2face »
Imagine... Real Training, Real SF.