Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

VC++ Toolkit 2003 compile problem..

<< < (2/4) > >>

CaptainCPS:
Errors like that are because you have a file missing in the 'makefile'... in this case is the 'romsave.o'...

if youre doing a FBAP compilation you must have these...

--- Quote ---      neogeo.o neo_run.o neo_decrypt.o neo_text.o neo_sprite.o neo_palette.o neo_upd4990a.o \
      romsave.o neo_prot.o neo_boot.o \

--- End quote ---

When I saw your post I edited my makefile and removed the 'romsave.o' to check and i got the same error, so thats why im sure thats the problem  :wink:

I Hope that now you can do your build with no probs ^^

SeeYaa!!
 :biggrin: 

DsNo:
CaptainCPS-X your right... I was leaving out the "romsave.o".
The error occurs last from Link process.

CaptainCPS:

--- Quote from: MSDN Website ---
Linker Tools Error LNK1123

failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt

The object or resource could not be converted to Common Object File Format (COFF).

This tool requires the format of all input files to be COFF. If an input file is not COFF, LINK automatically converts 32-bit OMF objects to COFF, or the tool runs CVTRES.EXE to convert resource files.

Possible causes

* The file is corrupt.
* The file is not a valid file type. An example of an invalid type is a 16-bit OMF object.

--- End quote ---

I think you have to delete the 'obj' dir located in the fba_dev directory just to make sure everything is compiled from zero, i think something is corrupt there...if this doesnt solve that then maybe a Resource file (*.rc) located in 'src/burner/win32/' is corrupt...

If thats the case then, i recommend that if you gonna edit something there just edit the 'App.rc' and dont change the others, that may cause some problems when compiling and converting the resources (make a backup too of all files edited so you dont lose track of the changes you made  :wink:)

SeeYaa!!

DsNo:
CaptainCPS-X thanks it gives with sincerity.. Compile was successful finally..

Before used "cvtres.exe"..
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin\win64\cvtres.exe"

After used "cvtres.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\cvtres.exe"..

CaptainCPS:
No problem man  :wink: , now i uderstand exactly why you was getting the error, i didnt think that the 'cvtres.exe' was a problem at all because when thats the case a CVTRES error is displayed too...

--- Quote from: DsNo on January 29, 2007, 12:59:44 AM ---CaptainCPS-X thanks it gives with sincerity.. Compile was successful finally..

Before used "cvtres.exe"..
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin\win64\cvtres.exe"

After used "cvtres.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\cvtres.exe"..

--- End quote ---

...in conclusion, it was converting the COFF in a way that a 64-bits linker understand, or Most probably it was not getting to convert it at all because of the system you have is 32-bits

you found the cvtres.exe in other place, but here you have other one...

--- Quote ---C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin\win64\x86\AMD64\cvtres.exe

--- End quote ---

Try with this one too maybe you dont have to go away from the 'MS SDK R2' directory at all

if it doesnt work just use the one that you was using, but i think this one will work just fine too  :smilie:

SeeYaa!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version