Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760362 times)

Offline Freddy

dink's FBA devlog update for.. today!

After tons of debugging & porting new sprite code and other fun things, I'm happy to say that Streets of Rage 1 & 2 now both work perfectly with FBA!   :biggrin:

best regards,
- dink

The improvements in Streets of Rage 1 are very obvious! the game is now much more fluid.
Great job, Dink

Online dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
The improvements in Streets of Rage 1 are very obvious! the game is now much more fluid.
Great job, Dink

Thanks for helping me test things :D

best regards,
- dink

Online dink

• Administrator
Hi guys,
After 2 days of debugging (maybe I'm a little slow..) I found the cause and fixed a problem with some PCEngine games having static (or fast clicking) ontop of the music.  woohoo! :)  Splatterhouse being the one I used as a testcase, but there are several others that exhibit this behavior as well.

Another thing I am trying to find a good solution to is the conflicting romset names between systems.
For example, there's an arcade raiden.zip, Megadrive raiden.zip and PCEngine raiden.zip. The MD & PCE drivers will try to load the arcade raiden.zip, and that won't work.
On my personal version of FBA, I changed the Megadrive raiden.zip to raidenmd.zip and PCEngine version to raidenpce.zip, and it works good..

Do you guys think this is a good idea?  If yea, I could write a little proggy to find all the duplicates between the systems, and name them accordingly.. because there are quite a few.

Thats it for today...
best regards,
- dink

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Hi guys,
After 2 days of debugging (maybe I'm a little slow..) I found the cause and fixed a problem with some PCEngine games having static (or fast clicking) ontop of the music.  woohoo! :)  Splatterhouse being the one I used as a testcase, but there are several others that exhibit this behavior as well.

Another thing I am trying to find a good solution to is the conflicting romset names between systems.
For example, there's an arcade raiden.zip, Megadrive raiden.zip and PCEngine raiden.zip. The MD & PCE drivers will try to load the arcade raiden.zip, and that won't work.
On my personal version of FBA, I changed the Megadrive raiden.zip to raidenmd.zip and PCEngine version to raidenpce.zip, and it works good..

Do you guys think this is a good idea?  If yea, I could write a little proggy to find all the duplicates between the systems, and name them accordingly.. because there are quite a few.

Thats it for today...
best regards,
- dink

dink,

Check the help file section on rom paths for full details the details about the last ten paths and their special usage.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:53:59 PM by Treble Winner »
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Online dink

• Administrator
Thanks, TrebleWinner! :)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Your fix actually improves a lot of games. They sound MUCH better. I was playing 1943 before the fix and it sounded like sh**.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
Your fix actually improves a lot of games. They sound MUCH better. I was playing 1943 before the fix and it sounded like sh**.

Nice work dink.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Online dink

• Administrator
:D
We are a great team!

best regards,
- dink

Offline Freddy

To avoid conflicts, I created two ROMs directories.
Shadow Dancer (arcade and mega drive) has the same file name too. Despite the same name, are entirely different games.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:24:27 AM by Freddy »

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
The best way to avoid conflict with zipnames ROMs is to create folders like this :

Online dink

• Administrator
Thanks for the suggestions, guys - I got it working good now w/o conflicts.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
Maybe we need to distribute an FAQ with the emulator for things like this?

Online dink

• Administrator
Treble Winner, thats a great idea - I can already think of some things that should be in it (stuff I'm always repeating to my friends when I ask them to try it, etc)

best regards,
- dink

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
Why not also include all those folders by default?

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
Why not also include all those folders by default?

Now that is a good idea - SVN incoming.