Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 759817 times)

Offline Bad Dude

Re: dink's FBA Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1365 on: October 26, 2017, 06:20:23 PM »
Hi Dink. Nice work with MD, this amazing console, wich is based on arcade, because Sega made MD to be a home arcade. But I miss one of the greatness shut em up of all time, which is The Adventure of Batman and Robin. Is there some plan to emulate this game on the future: Thanks.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #1366 on: October 26, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »
Hi, thanks!
We support this game of course, look for "advbatr" in the search box :)

best regards,
- dink

Hi Dink. Nice work with MD, this amazing console, wich is based on arcade, because Sega made MD to be a home arcade. But I miss one of the greatness shut em up of all time, which is The Adventure of Batman and Robin. Is there some plan to emulate this game on the future: Thanks.

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #1367 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »
Hi, thanks!
We support this game of course, look for "advbatr" in the search box :)

best regards,
- dink

I found the game... and man, I just tested the last release of FBA. Just amazing. The best version ever. You guys are doing a great job.  Thank you, my friend.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:50:37 AM by dink »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1368 on: October 29, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »
While playing Magic Crystals last night I realized there was a missing sprite framebuffer effect.  This game recently became one of my favorite games, so, something must be done about that!

Notes: the effect happens very fast and is part of an animation, so, the effect might look weird, but when combined with the animation, its great!  Also fixed, but not reflected in the below images were a few tiny issues with this game.  Timing was improved, to fix some rare but ugly single-frame sprite glitches, and proper sprite-tile-sprite priorities were implimented to fix an issue with the player falling off a moving platform.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:29:39 AM by dink »

Offline Arcadez

• Expert
  • Arcade Addict
« Reply #1369 on: October 29, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »
@dink nice job on Magical Crystals

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1370 on: November 21, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
So, iq_132 did an amazing job on the deco32 emulation :)
I always heard about Night Slashers, but never played it until it was emulated in FBAlpha.
At first I was kinda bummed out about all of the video bugs, but then this turned into a real
fun project.  Also, it was something to do while the forum was down....
Pics of the new video emulation follow.... If you know Night Slashers, then you know how horribly broken these scenes were in emulation..... until now!

NEW vs. old.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:42:17 AM by dink »

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1371 on: November 21, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »
Excellent work! Now FBA has the best emulated version of Night Slashers! The alpha blended objects are rendered very well ! :)

Offline Combone

« Reply #1372 on: November 23, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
Wonderfull work in Night Slashers :smilie:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1373 on: November 25, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Gab75 & Combone, thanks! :)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1374 on: November 29, 2017, 10:36:45 PM »
Major Title (Irem M72 Hardware) is now working in FBAlpha :)

after / before fix s.shots:

Offline Stifu

« Reply #1375 on: November 30, 2017, 05:07:18 PM »
My comment comes a bit late, but about the 3rd Night Slashers screenshot, I feel like the old guy's portrait should be displayed above the dialogue box (as it used to be). Unfortunately, I have no way to check whether this is really how it's supposed to be...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1376 on: November 30, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »
My comment comes a bit late, but about the 3rd Night Slashers screenshot, I feel like the old guy's portrait should be displayed above the dialogue box (as it used to be). Unfortunately, I have no way to check whether this is really how it's supposed to be...

I thought so too, and thats how I had originally had it... but, after watching some recordings from PCB - the way it's displayed now is correct.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #1377 on: November 30, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »
Alright, thanks for confirming.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1378 on: December 03, 2017, 12:32:27 AM »
I have some more good news to announce, it's something that I wished was fixed since Moo Mesa, Bucky O'Hare & Mystic Warriors / Violent Storm was first emulated in FBAlpha. (.32!)  If you've played these games theres no doubt you've noticed the clicks that play audibly whenever certain sfx or voices play in these games...which can be super annoying especially if you're playing with headphones.  Well, after a couple days of messing around / trying different things I finally conjured up a perfect fix for all of the clicks in the K054539 chip.  I tried several times in the past to get it right, but with little luck - so I'm really happy about this :)   So, with the next version of FBAlpha you'll not only be able to play Moo Mesa to the end without crap covering the endboss scene, you'll also get click free sound..  both for the first time, in any emulator.   Oh yea! \o/

best regards,
- dink

Offline hursit

• Newbies
« Reply #1379 on: December 03, 2017, 06:37:59 AM »
I have some more good news to announce, it's something that I wished was fixed since Moo Mesa, Bucky O'Hare & Mystic Warriors / Violent Storm was first emulated in FBAlpha. (.32!)  If you've played these games theres no doubt you've noticed the clicks that play audibly whenever certain sfx or voices play in these games...which can be super annoying especially if you're playing with headphones.  Well, after a couple days of messing around / trying different things I finally conjured up a perfect fix for all of the clicks in the K054539 chip.  I tried several times in the past to get it right, but with little luck - so I'm really happy about this :)   So, with the next version of FBAlpha you'll not only be able to play Moo Mesa to the end without crap covering the endboss scene, you'll also get click free sound..  both for the first time, in any emulator.   Oh yea! \o/

best regards,
- dink

That is the great info.
So, in the mame there is some graphical glitches and some problems. Especially with Bucky. Can we say FBA is emulated these games %100 perfectly with this latest sound fix ?

Thanks...