Author Topic: Mouse, spinner, trackball support status in lr-fbneo  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Amplifuzz

Mouse, spinner, trackball support status in lr-fbneo
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:10:54 PM »
What's the current status of mouse/spinner/trackball in the retroarch fbneo core under raspberry pi retropie? I can't seem to get anything to work in Arkanoid for example.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Mouse, spinner, trackball support status in lr-fbneo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 04:52:38 AM »
Set "Quick Menu > Controls > Port 1 Controls > Device Type" to one of those 2 values :
- "Mouse (ball only)" : only the analog movements will be mapped to the mouse, the buttons will stay on the controller, i think it's especially useful if you have a trackball/spinner in an arcade cabinet (they have no buttons ?)
- "Mouse (full)" : buttons will also be mapped to mouse buttons (there is a limit of 5 buttons), i think it's especially useful with a desktop mouse

Also, there is a known issue with retroarch's behavior when using those kind of devices : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/9325

Offline Amplifuzz

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 02:36:11 PM »
Thanks, it works! Just a couple of requests:

- "Invert X axis" toggle, like MAME has. My spinner is backwards for some reason
- Analog speed option that can go beyond 200%, as it's not fast enough for my spinner (up to 500% would be perfect)

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 02:27:18 AM »
- well, i am not supposed to add core options for input settings (i heard it's causing netplay issues so it's strongly recommended against for libretro cores), so you should consider either fixing your spinner (i see some topics about this on internet) or making a feature request at https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues
- for some time now there has been a proper setting for analog speed in "Settings > Input > Analog Sensitivity" which does up to x5, the old "Analog Speed" core option is actually something i'm supposed to remove for the reason mentioned above

Offline actualstarbuck

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »
I'm able to get it working with the QuickMenu, but how do I save those settings?

FBN doesn't seem to accept the mouse settings via the .cfg file like Mame, etc.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 05:52:19 AM »
In "Quick Menu > Controls" you have several options to save your settings :
- Save Core Remap File => global for the core
- Save Content Directory Remap File => i guess this one will affect all games in the same directory
- Save Game Remap File => will save the changes for that specific game

Obviously, with an emulator which uses different inputs from a game to another, i recommend using the 3rd.

Offline actualstarbuck

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »
Thanks. The settings are being saved for Device Type, but not for Mouse Index or Analog Sensitivity (even when saving Core remap).

For context, I'm trying to set up a SpinTrak spinner in Tempest. I can get it working while in-game, but can't get the Mouse Index or Analog Sensitivity settings to persist.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 06:34:15 PM »
Go into "Quick Menu > Overrides" for saving global settings