Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 28043 times)

Offline Al82

• Newbies
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2021, 09:19:19 AM »
I think there's a display bug in Zero Team USA - the player sprite always seems to display over the top of other sprites; I compared to a recent version of MAME, which doesn't have the problem (comparison shot included). An older version of MAME does have the same problem, which suggests some kind of fix for the driver was implemented recently.

There's also a problem with the second boss who leaps on top of the I-beam girders; he leaps on top of one girder, but then randomly appears on top of another (could be related to first problem I guess). I've attached a save state.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
Hi Al82,
The "zeroteam" version of zeroteam has some pretty big protection issues and it's one reason why I left it stay buggy like that.  (check the game Notes:)  The clones under it "New Zero Team" and "Zero Team 2000" are perfect though, and not much different from the parent, so I recommend using one of those.  I think one of those clones is exactly the same as "zeroteam", but one has a different level order.  I can't remember which, though!

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

• Newbies
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2021, 10:57:49 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug but foreign (Japanese) text in history.dat is not displayed correctly (I'm running W8 in Japanese so language support shouldn't be the issue , I suppose ?)

Best regards

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

• Newbies
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2021, 11:31:35 PM »
Jumping Pop (set 1) gives and guru meditation error and doesn't run (same for set 2)

Attached screens for reference

Best regards

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2021, 11:58:41 PM »
Hi,
Regarding the Jumping Pop crash (guru meditation error), can you please try with a current version of FBNeo (1.0.0.01-git version from today).
I think this problem was already fixed since the 1.0.0 release.

Download at:
WinXP version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-xp-gcc.7z

Win7+ version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

These links will always download the absolute latest version (compiled about 3 hours ago).

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

• Newbies
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2021, 07:39:47 PM »
Hi,
Regarding the Jumping Pop crash (guru meditation error), can you please try with a current version of FBNeo (1.0.0.01-git version from today).
I think this problem was already fixed since the 1.0.0 release.

Download at:
WinXP version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-xp-gcc.7z

Win7+ version:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo-WIP-Storage-Facility/releases/download/appveyor-build/fbn-win32-gcc.7z

These links will always download the absolute latest version (compiled about 3 hours ago).

best regards,
- dink

I've just downloaded the latest 1.0.0.01 build from github but guru meditation error is still there :(

Offline the_maq

« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2021, 08:25:01 PM »
Same problem here - mines is Windows 7 ??
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:47:22 PM by the_maq »

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »
RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

Player 1 accumulates EXP at a much lower rate than player 2, regardless of player ability. I finished a play through and never got past EXP level 3, whereas player 2 was at level 5 well before the ending. Player 1 was a 41 year old "gamer" and player 2 was a 9 year old, for reference.

I would attach a photo or save state, but I am not sure how it would actually help.

Thank you for all of your hard work, guys.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »
I've just downloaded the latest 1.0.0.01 build from github but guru meditation error is still there :(

Hi,
Please download again and try, problem is fixed now :)  (if not, wait 15 minutes and download again, bot needs to finish compiling)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2021, 09:17:09 PM »
RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

Player 1 accumulates EXP at a much lower rate than player 2, regardless of player ability. I finished a play through and never got past EXP level 3, whereas player 2 was at level 5 well before the ending. Player 1 was a 41 year old "gamer" and player 2 was a 9 year old, for reference.

I would attach a photo or save state, but I am not sure how it would actually help.

Thank you for all of your hard work, guys.

Hi,
Can you erasing the nvram and try again?  I wonder if some sort of rank got saved.  I know games like Battle Garegga does this.  Also could you try a game in mame to see if the same thing happens there?
It's the only thing I can think of to try to narrow down the issue.

thanks,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

• Newbies
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2021, 09:41:52 PM »
Hi,
Please download again and try, problem is fixed now :)  (if not, wait 15 minutes and download again, bot needs to finish compiling)

best regards,
- dink

Wow , that was quick once again !  :wink:

Do I have to download after this button on the github page turn to green ?

I redownloaded the latest build and voila ! I can finally play Jumping Pop on my favourite emulator  :cool:

Although the game is more or less a rip-off of Data East's Tumble Pop , I like the game because I actually knew this game before discovering the original  :p
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 10:07:17 PM by ClessxAlghazanth »

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2021, 11:34:44 PM »
Some problems with these updates (I don't know which one exactly):

Super contra: Intermittent sound quite annoying. Then it gives the following message:

Shinobi: Shinobi: As soon as it starts, it gives an error or you hear that intermittent sound:

Funky Jet: The same as in "super contra" or simply does not start and then this message appears:

Tumble Pop: Same as in super contra and "funky jet" or sometimes it doesn't go beyond the Data East screen. It always gives this error:

I have not tried other games, but I went back to a previous update and the above mentioned problems disappeared. In this one there are no problems:

I use the xp version

greetings
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:42:50 PM by Pelucon8 »

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
« Reply #522 on: April 27, 2021, 12:29:17 AM »
@Dink

RetroArch, Win10

mmatrix

I cleared the NVRAM for the game and the issue still persists. I played through mame 0.139 and the "issue" is also there.

Player 1 simply does not level up as quickly as player 2. Perhaps it was built that way into the game?

I have play tested through the first 4 levels with both players several times, with the same ship, and get the same results, unless I am missing something...

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #523 on: April 27, 2021, 01:30:26 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug but foreign (Japanese) text in history.dat is not displayed correctly (I'm running W8 in Japanese so language support shouldn't be the issue , I suppose ?)

Best regards

This is fixed now, thanks for the report :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: April 27, 2021, 01:31:20 AM »
Some problems with these updates (I don't know which one exactly):

Please re-download & try again, an old bug was uncovered while fixing something in the ym2151 which caused these crashes.

best regards,
- dink