Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 236703 times)

Offline Gab75

• Advanced Member
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1680 on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:41 AM »
Thanks a lot! Great work! Now we have almost a perfect arcade emulation... the only noticeable difference is the "fades issue" at the end of the final boss fight... which is a very small bug... ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1681 on: July 12, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
Gab75,

Offline Gab75

• Advanced Member
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1682 on: July 13, 2019, 12:16:36 AM »
As far as I know, at the moment, the FinalBurn Neo is the only emulator where Konami's G.I. Joe can boast a perfect emulation! ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • feed the horse yumyum
« Reply #1683 on: July 15, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
Hi friends!
I finally came up with a good way to work around input recordings and games which use a RTC(clock) chip..  First, about the problem:
There are some issues with recording games (or netgames) that use a realtime clock.  For example: the PGM bios uses time from the RTC @ bootup to generate random numbers.  This will cause recordings to fail sooner or later with desynchs...  A few systems use this: PGM, some NeoGeo, a few games in itech16/32 and Taito's Operation Wolf.
Solution: I started working on a generic way of returning the localtime of the machine (for all games/systems which use RTC) with tweaks.  For example: if we are recording, playing back - we will now use the time from when the recording started.  For normal/non recorded games, we just return the time of the machine (PC, etc).  For net-games, all systems agree to use the same pre-determined clock values and random# seed.
So far, after a bit of experimenting/implementing and testing things.. I recorded several levels of ddp2 - bee storm from "power-on", and the recording played back perfectly.  So far, success! :)

best regards,
- dink