Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 492047 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #1110 on: June 02, 2024, 01:10:35 AM »
klaus2018,
Ok, thanks, try now

best regards,
- dink

Offline klaus2018

• Newbies
« Reply #1111 on: June 02, 2024, 02:36:46 AM »
Perfect! :cool:

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #1112 on: June 17, 2024, 07:59:46 AM »
Hi :smilie:

Space Raider (1983) by Universal

Game has no sound and background invisible (completely black) on first play after booting the game for about 10 second

After that time , sound and background gfx work correctly

2nd play and forth the game runs w/o noticable issues

Thanks and have a oood one :cool:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1113 on: June 17, 2024, 09:02:05 AM »
Hi ClessxAlghazanth,
Could you post your fbneo ini (from config\fbneo.ini) and sraider.ini from config\games\sraider.ini?
I'm asking because the game seems to work fine on my side, I'd like to investigate if its something a little deeper.

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #1114 on: June 19, 2024, 07:43:33 AM »
Thanks dink , here are my cfg files  :wink:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1115 on: June 19, 2024, 08:46:16 PM »
Thanks dink , here are my cfg files  :wink:

Thanks buddy!
I looked into it, and it appears that the game has a bug with the freeplay mode.
The first game will always have some weird side effects, it also happens in the latest MAME, and I don't think we're doing anything wrong with the emulation side of things.  Sorry I don't have some better news for you!

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #1116 on: June 20, 2024, 09:04:18 PM »
Thanks a lot , dink , changed it to coin mode and runs without problem  :smilie:
It's a good little Beamrider/Juno First type of space shooter which i play a lot lately , brutal difficulty tho  :biggrin:
Universal must be of the most underrated arcade game developers of early/mid eighties
Wish they were around for more time , would be great to see what they would come up with in the 90s  :cool:

Offline Paf

« Reply #1117 on: June 21, 2024, 01:22:40 AM »
Hello World

I'm experimenting with RetroArch for iOS and its FinalBurn Neo core. It works well, great work, congratulation to all contributors!

The only game I have a problem with is "Lunar Lander" (llander.zip) which is supposed to be compatible:
  • Error message "ROM with name 034597-01.m3 and CRC 0xebb744f2 is missing"
  • In the log file: "[libretro ERROR] [FBNeo] ROM at index 6 with name 034597-01.m3 and CRC 0xebb744f2 is required"
  • But it is included in the zip archive and the CRC of the file corresponds to the one in the error message!

Might it be a bug? Or is there somethings one can do wrong with this game (all my other ones are working flawlessly)?

Regards
Paf
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 03:26:05 AM by Paf »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1118 on: June 21, 2024, 04:04:56 AM »
But it is included in the zip archive and the CRC of the file corresponds to the one in the error message!

The emulator can't see it, if you are 200% sure that file is included in your archive, then the only other possibility would be that the archive got corrupted when you transfered it to your ios device. I'd recommend trying to extract the archive to see if it goes well.

Edit: Actually, i suppose this could also be a weird bug where apple devices can't read archives properly ? It would be surprising though if your other archives work correctly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 04:18:52 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1119 on: June 21, 2024, 09:06:55 AM »
Hello World

I'm experimenting with RetroArch for iOS and its FinalBurn Neo core. It works well, great work, congratulation to all contributors!

The only game I have a problem with is "Lunar Lander" (llander.zip) which is supposed to be compatible:
  • Error message "ROM with name 034597-01.m3 and CRC 0xebb744f2 is missing"
  • In the log file: "[libretro ERROR] [FBNeo] ROM at index 6 with name 034597-01.m3 and CRC 0xebb744f2 is required"
  • But it is included in the zip archive and the CRC of the file corresponds to the one in the error message!

Might it be a bug? Or is there somethings one can do wrong with this game (all my other ones are working flawlessly)?

Regards
Paf

This is interesting, pm me the file and I'll try it on my side?

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1120 on: June 21, 2024, 09:10:41 PM »
barbudreadmon, his llander.zip is exactly the same as the one on my hdd, and it loads fine here.  very strange!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1121 on: June 21, 2024, 09:17:36 PM »
Thanks a lot , dink , changed it to coin mode and runs without problem  :smilie:
It's a good little Beamrider/Juno First type of space shooter which i play a lot lately , brutal difficulty tho  :biggrin:
Universal must be of the most underrated arcade game developers of early/mid eighties
Wish they were around for more time , would be great to see what they would come up with in the 90s  :cool:

Thanks, I'll have to make a point to give it a try :)
Universal was later known as UPL, who did some great games - all of which we emulate for arcade:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPL_Co.,_Ltd

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1122 on: June 22, 2024, 12:39:53 AM »
barbudreadmon, his llander.zip is exactly the same as the one on my hdd, and it loads fine here.  very strange!

Did he send the file directly from his ios device though ? I still think it's more likely for this to be a problem of corruption while transfering file than an apple-specific bug. Well, in the later case there is probably nothing i could do anyway.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 02:53:32 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline Paf

« Reply #1123 on: June 22, 2024, 02:38:17 AM »
Did he send the file directly from his ios device though ? ...
No, not before, I transfered it from my PC using "Apple Devices".
Now, I have just tried directly downloading the file using Safari on the iPhone and it works! So maybe this was the reason. But why would "Apple Devices" or the iPhone corrupt a single zip file and no others?  :confused:
Anyways, thank you all for your help.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1124 on: June 22, 2024, 03:03:50 AM »
No, not before, I transfered it from my PC using "Apple Devices".
Now, I have just tried directly downloading the file using Safari on the iPhone and it works! So maybe this was the reason. But why would "Apple Devices" or the iPhone corrupt a single zip file and no others?  :confused:
Anyways, thank you all for your help.

Bad things happen, it could be anything from transfer issues to bad inodes on your phone's storage.
I even saw weirder "corruption" reports where the files weren't detected as "missing" yet couldn't be loaded into memory nonetheless.
I prefer that over an apple specific bug, since it would be impossible for me to debug such a thing.